Pol Sambol (for two)
|Pol Sambol ready to serve with your favourite roti|
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/4 red onion, chopped finely
dash of lime
salt to taste
1. Add the coconut to the bowl – mix in chilli, red onion, pepper, a dash of lime to make the sambol nice and wet but not sloppy. Add salt to taste.
2. Serve with coconut roti.
|Rotis with a bit of green!|
1 cup desiccated coconut1 onion sliced
Water (about 1 cup)
Canola oil for frying
1. Prep onion and pepper in food processor – pulse till they are small.
2. In a large bowl mix onion, pepper, flour, desiccated coconut, butter, salt and water.
3. Mix all the ingredients together to make a dough that can be formed into balls.
4. On a floured surface place balls and flatten -the kids can help with this.
5. Heat up a heavy based skillet and fry in oil until brown on both sides.
6. Drain oil on a paper towel and serve the Roti with your favourite curry or sambal.