|Sultana Rice – using a mix of brown and wild rice|
1 1/2 cups brown and wild rice
6 cardamoms powdered
2″ stick of cinnamon
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 teaspoon oil
1 cup sultanas
2 hard boiled eggs
1 onion chopped
4 cups stock
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add chopped onions, curry leaves, fry until golden brown.
2. Add rice and 1/2 sultanas fry for a few minutes
3. Add stock, salt and powdered cardamoms. Cook until rice is fluffy and grainy.
4. In another pan heat 1 tspn oil, add sliced onions and fry until light golden brown. Add the rest of the sultanas and fry until slightly puffed out.
5. Add to rice, stir well. Serve chopped hard boiled eggs on the side.
6, Garnish with parsley, potato chips or pappadum.