1 tspn salt
2. Now tear off pieces of dough about the size of a golf ball and place them in the same bowl (approximately 12 balls) and add cooking oil to cover the dough. Let stand for 5-6 hours.
3. When it’s time remove the balls from oil one at a time and place it on a board and roll the dough and add 1 tbsn of filling. Now wrap the two sides then bottom and top to make a squre shape as shown in the picture.
4. Heat a non stick pan and coat it with a little oil and add the wraps 3 or 4 at a time and brown all the sides and enjoy.
4 large potatoes
1 tbsn mustard seeds
1 tspn cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
1 small tomato chopped
1 large onion sliced
chopped green onions
Salt to taste
1 cup cooked chick peas
1. Boil the potatoes with the peel. Peel and mash and set aside.
2. Heat a little oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chick peas, curry powder as desired and some curry leaves and stir well.
3. When it’s done add finely chopped ginger, sliced onions and tomatoes and stir well.
4. Now add salt to taste, ground turmeric and 1 cup water. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Then add chopped green onions and the mashed potatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Finally add a little tomato sauce and remove from heat.
Serve with Tomato & Mint Raita recipe below.